autox-cm

New Tool in the Shed

To: autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: New Tool in the Shed
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 21:36:44 -0500
Well, I made the trip and my parking spot is now occupied by my new
toy.  (At the expense of the front differential on my Audi...but that's
another story!)  What a toy it is!  Bill has cared for and improved this
car extremely well, and it is sparkly clean in and out.  I'm
tickled...just havn't driven it yet!  Won't get to for a couple weeks
yet.  (No event's)  One interesting note.  I found out that this car car
was purchased new by none other than Tony George.  (The same Indy-owning
Tony.)  Still have his original padded seat back!

Couple quickies:

I want to "correct" the ackerman right away, and I have heard that there
are available end bracket pieces already made.  Pat Prince name came up
several times, but I didn't get any contact info.  Can anyone provide
contact info, or another source for Swift parts like this?

I plan on optimizing the spring rates and damping later.  For now, can
anyone provide me with some starting set up so I can at least start my
first event with something better than total crap?  Car has double
Penske's, Protech front suspension, springs are (I think) 250 lb front
and 400 lb rear.  Maybe specific set ups are not possible, but
generalized theory would be helpfull.  I will be learning about and
deciding the total optimal set up for next year.

Luckily the pedals are readily adjustable since I need a bit more room.
Almost panicked when I first test fitted!  Pretty much need to strip
everything out to fit.

Thanks folks...I'm very excited and can't wait to get it out to my first
event!!!

Pat

///
///  autox-cm@autox.team.net mailing list