autox-cm

Tire Wrap

To: autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Tire Wrap
From: <garryj@localnet.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 08:47:35 -0500 (EST)
Hey everyone,

I purchased the plastic tire wrap from Bill Smiley (thanks Bill).  It's a
great idea but I've had post event problems with it.  When I try to unwrap
the tires the next day (or the next week), the bottom layers just don't want
to come off and it is a struggle to clean the tires of the plastic.  Am I
doing something wrong, or do others have this problem?  It seems like if the
plastic wrap was just a little thicker it might work better.  Yes?  No?

Please give me your thoughts on this.  It's great to keep the crud off the
tires but so far, it's been a choice of cleaning rocks and pebbles and
grasshoppers off my tires, or cleaning the plastic wrap off.

Thanks,
Jim