Re: SnowFlake Solo Series

To: autox@Autox.Team.Net, brbahnsen@egl.net
Subject: Re: SnowFlake Solo Series
From: "Brian Naumann" <brn6604@mactac.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 01:33:09 +0000
> First event is January 24 (the day after our annual banquet which is
> dominated by solo trophies) and we'll have events on February 21 and
> March 7. (Shameless plug!)

First, a specific question about these events: are studded tires
allowed?  I can imagine there might be some concern about tearing up
the lot.

Second, a general question to anyone who uses snow tires:  do studs
really make that much of a difference?  I just picked up some
"studdable" tires for the CRX and am debating whether or not to have
it done.  I saw the studs on a friend's tires the other day and I was
disappointed with how "civilized" they are.  And $12/tire sucks when
the tires only cost $36 apiece to begin with.

Anyhow, thanks in advance for any imput, and my apologies to those of
you in warmer climates who actually have autocrossing to talk about
this time of year.

Brian Naumann
brn6604@mactac.com
who spent 7 hours driving the 280 miles from Rochester to Cleveland
yesterday evening on bald A509s with the above-mentioned tires in the
trunk :(