Re: Houston event (was A: Racing of course)

To: TeamZ3@aol.com, autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Houston event (was A: Racing of course)
From: dkyeung@juno.com (David K Yeung)
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 10:57:18 -0600
not trying to make excuses but...

Houston Region was overwhelmed with 137 entrants ( yikes! isn't that more
like attendance at a Divisional??) at the first event at a brand new
site.  Despite the valiant efforts of the event officials and workers
(including those who went out the day before to set up the course) we
could not overcome the uncooperative behavior of 2 totally independent
timing systems.  Added to that was one of the coldest days of the season
so far for Houston, about 30-40 degrees and windy, but sunny.

but next month can only be better, right? Thanks again for coming out to
race with us.

Dave Y
Houston Region Chief of Registration for Solo
check us out at www.houscca.com