Re: Babygrands [Was : Spridgets in DP]

To: Kendall F Jones <mrjones2@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Babygrands [Was : Spridgets in DP]
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 20:24:24 -0600
Kendall F Jones wrote:

> I dunno - I guess I'm not dead set against them (I did think it was kinda
> cool to kick Jeff Gordon's ass  - sort of).  I'm just worried about the
> rules.

I think that can be easilly controlled. It's not dissimilar to accepting cars
such as Formula Ford, Formula Vee, and other such very spec'd cars into Solo2
categories. I would assume for the most part, they would have to follow the
specific guidlines set down by the Babygrand racing rules. Probably with only
a very few exceptions, such as tires.

> I think a truly balanced car may not need a LSD.  This maybe not the case
> with the BG's though.

True, to a point. A very light car, however well balanced it is, can overpower
a single wheel given enough torque. Even with a rearward weight bias.

> I do see your point about power / weight / etc. They are heavy!!

Well, for the engine size yes, but for the class, they're still fairly light.

> Heheh, it actually says in the BG rules that all 4 brakes must work (no
> plugging the lines....)

I think that'd be a safety issue, not a competetive one. But you never know...

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/