Re: Spridgets in DP

To: autox@Autox.Team.Net (Autosports)
Subject: Re: Spridgets in DP
From: "K.C. Babb" <kcb4286@hps13.iasl.ca.boeing.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 08:56:30 -0800 (PST)
Kendall said:

> I really don't buy that at all.  They looked really pissed that I even said
> anything (at the time of protest).  I would think that they will take their
> big valves & put them in a 9 bolt head.  Cripes, they knew they were
> illegal & still walked across the stage to pick up thier hard earned
> trophy.  There was no "Oops" or apology.

Y'all might want to back off a bit on making assumptions about people you
don't know.  Chris and Larry are fine folks, and Chris is a terrific
driver.  The car they now have was built by Bob King (of EM rotary
Spridget fame several years ago), run at various Divisionals in the
West, and never questioned as far as I know.  Larry bought it and its
trailer for a very reasonable price in 1997 (I think), and from what I
can tell he and Chris aren't exactly authorities on Spridget history or
detailed technical minutiae.  They were probably shocked as hell to hear
that something might be questionable on the car.  Yes, it's their
responsibility to know that it is okay.  But when you buy from someone
as prominent as King, there's probably a tendency to worry a whole lot
less, whether you should or not.  Bob may well have had some reason for
thinking the configuration was legal when he installed it; perhaps you
should contact him and ask.  Go ahead and question the car if you are
sure of your facts, but don't presume to condemn the people.

Karen Babb