Re: shesh

To: washburn@dwave.net, solo390@juno.com, eric10mm@qni.com
Subject: Re: shesh
From: "Jeffrey Lloyd" <jslz3@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 06:24:33 PST
Eric,

Don't forget Chrysler Invented The five year plan (Thanks Lee Iacocca)
Wherein each year the car is changed to intrigue buyers 5 times then the
product is killed in favor of a new model.

year one new car
year two better motor
year 3 diffrent options and cleaned up look
year 4 better motor
year 5 etc. etc. etc. then change product

It goes somthing like this fill me in if you guys know.

Jeff
'96 Z3 1.9 (BMW has a diffrent game plan)

>From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
>To: "washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>, "Mark Belcik" <solo390@juno.com>
>Cc: <autox@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Re: shesh
>Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 00:14:31 -0800
>
>>> I don't know if I missed this in the thread or not, but did you guys
know
>>> that it's only going to be produced in sedan form?  According to the
>>> article, Chrysler believes that the market for entry-level two door
cars
>>> is shrinking fast.  But, they are working on a ACR version of the
sedan,
>>> anyone interested???
>>
>>Forget the doors....no DOHC!
>>
>>--
>>Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
>---------------------------------------
>Actually I was kinda curious about that myself Patrick.  If DC is gonna
get
>150 hp out of the SOHC motors, with I'm assuming what amounts to
basically
>bolt-ons, what can we expect out of a new DOHC motor?  170 hp?
Possibly
>more?  Maybe even a 6 speed tranny some day.
>
>Who the hell needs a V6 with those kind of numbers?  Not me.  I'd
rather
>save the weight and lose maybe(?) a few ponies over a heavier V6 motor.
>
>I also can't see DC suddenly backing out of their motorsports
involvement
>with the Neon Racing programs by not reintroducing a racing edition
Neon.