Re: RX-7 TT Hoses

To: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Subject: Re: RX-7 TT Hoses
From: Karl Witt <kwitt@shore.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 14:15:58 -0500
On or about 12:07 PM 1/8/1999 -0700, Joshua Hadler did say:

I concede on the should be legal but isn't bit. Slippery slope, yadda
yadda, you have a point.

>> But, we're talking about the price of GLUE here. No parts are being
>> replaced. The analogy to retorquing bolts is very fitting here.
>
>No, tightening down on an existing hose clamp yes, but gluing a part
>that was never glued by the factory is not legal. Does that mean that

But it's not doing anything more than keeping said hose where they intended
it to be in the first place. Under this reasoning, using loctite to keep
any bolt on the car from backing out is illegal as well. And i know what
you're going to say...under my reasoning, SFCs should be legal in SP
because they're just keeping the subframes where the factory intended them
in the first place. And, to that I say: you're right! let's start an SFC
petition! ;) ;)

Karl, unabashed supporter of SFCs in his heavy-assed car :)
98 Z28
71 ESP
NER