RE: when did ABS become available?

To: "Jason Powell" <fizzx@wi.net>,
Subject: RE: when did ABS become available?
From: "Dale Botkin" <dale@botkin.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 00:13:09 -0600
Just my own $.02:

I remember back in the early '70's, maybe '73 or '74, seeing a weird box.
My Dad was chief engineer for Fruehauf's liquid & bulk tank division.  This
thing was a ruggedized circuit board in an FRP box with some connectors &
fittings on it.  He told me it was a controller for an anti-lock brake
system they were testing on some trailers...  from what I can recall, it was
a dud.  I'll call him tomorrow & see what he knows.  I think he said
Mercedes or someone had been using them even before that.

Dale
Dale Botkin, MCP
n0xas/qrp
98 Mustang coupe, G Stock