Re: '99 classification ringers?

To: "team.net" <autox@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: '99 classification ringers?
From: "Jeff Cawthorne" <zo7vette@san.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 22:00:34 -0800
Boris Elpiner wrote:

>Well, I've been trying to make this point to SCAC/SEB in futile attempt to
convince them to move 3-series 6-cyl bimmers to GS. Obviously SCAC thinks
otherwise since the cars still in BS. It's not my fight anymore, but I just
can't understand the logic of putting 3200lbs 5-passenger cars in the Miata
class and keeping them there.

I totally agree.  I should have included them when I wrote my letter to move
the SVO and the Conquests back to GS.  GS is very diversified right now,
except for one TYPE ca'R, and the BMW 3 series would be a perfect fit in the
class.  The Miatas have earned their stake on BS, so let them have it.  If
you want to see them put into GS you need to write a letter and make your
voice heard.

Jeff "got passed by a little old lady on electric cart today," Cawthorne
92 Super Slow Corvette
San Diego