Re: Autocross Run Group Question

To: bthatch@juno.com
Subject: Re: Autocross Run Group Question
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 10:46:35 -0700
bthatch@juno.com wrote:

> Atlanta Region SCCA's Team Solo is considering the possibility of
> changing to 4 run groups with two running/working in the morning and two
> running/working in the afternoon. The reasons for considering this change
> are:

When I was in SFR, I found that the run/work scheduling was very
effective. At that time, it was six run groups. 1-4 would run in the
morning and 5-6 would run after 1pm. The run/work order would be
predetermined at the beginning of the season, and each group would
rotate forward one group per event. So if you ran 1st, worked 3rd at one
event, the next event you'd run 2nd, work 4th, then run 3rd, work 1st,
then run 4th, work 2nd and so on. This way, not only do you often have
the luxury of only needing a half day at the event, but you also know in
advance what part of the day it is. And if you know that you don't have
to be there until noon, then you can sleep in! :-)

This only works though if you're in a region that has a regularly large
turnout. Small participation numbers will make something like this way
too difficult.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/