AS Boxster, was '99 Class ringers

To: Autox List <Autox@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: AS Boxster, was '99 Class ringers
From: Cliff Loh <vcmc001@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 15:57:06 -0800
From: Michael Piera <Tesec@compuserve.com>

>>> AS  Porsche Boxster
 >
>These things are *very* fast in slaloms on street tires from reports
>I've seen.  I haven't seen one autoxing yet, though I think one or two
>might show up locally this year. <<
>
>For '99 you no longer need to order large, expensive option packages to

>make a good autox car (sport technic suspension now available
>seperately). And this suspension is stated as having
>"ride height adjustment" new for this year. Also 18" rims of the same
>size (or maybe just same tire size??) as the 996 are offered.

I've only driven the 2.5L Boxster (bone stock except for Kumhos) but I
can say it's definitely a car for getting into serious trophy
positions.  It's surprisingly easy to drive- very tossable and similar
to a Miata.  It doesn't suffer from the corner entry understeer inherent
in 944/968 cars.  The 968 has much better torque coming out of corners
though.

-c.
Cliff Loh, Vancouver, B.C. CANADA
"Cultivate the great by nourishing the small,
the impossible is composed of the possible."
vcmc001@ibm.net