Re: re : '99 classification ringers?

To: Wes Shew <schumi@vcn.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: re : '99 classification ringers?
From: Josh Sirota <jss@marimba.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 09:06:29 -0800
Wes Shew wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Wes Shew wrote:
>
> > How is the 99 Boxster different from the previous 2 years to make it much
> > faster? TIA
>
> Ooops just saw Mike's description, forget about my previous post. Sorry.

I don't think that makes it much more able though.  The old P38 package
came with the sport suspension, the ABD (brake-actuating traction
control, a poor-man's limited slip), and the 17" wheels.

Sure, now you can break these things up, but I'm not sure that you
wouldn't want all of them.  The traction control is two things -- one
that actuates the brakes (kind of a poor man's limited-slip) and one
that retards the engine.  You can disable the latter, and I'd argue that
you want the former.  So unless you get the new 18" wheel option (is
that really an advantage?) or maybe the new sport seats (are they
better?  Haven't seen 'em), I don't see any real advantage for a '99
over the earlier ones.

Josh