Re: Re[2]: Thanks to an Alert Corner Worker...

To: Paul.Osnes@essc.org (Paul Osnes), autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Thanks to an Alert Corner Worker...
From: Judy Becker <judyb@cts.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 11:15:42 -0800 (PST)
Hi Paul etal

I think one of reasons course workers like to roll flag & tuck under arm is
help hold up their upper body.......whatever.....

You're absolutely right, some workers who do that and are warned just seem
to have a hard time understanding the difference with holding the flag
unfurled, as in your
case whooooo knowss?????

We seem to spend quite a bit of energy here
indoctrinating/training/educating new drivers about the importance of
safety and the significance of what they're doing.

The few seconds needed either to go over to where a red flag is laying on
the ground or to unfurl a red flag IS IMPORTANT.....and needs to be
respected whether or not the new course worker agrees with the concept.

I've seen a safety steward go out to a course worker and explain why it's
important to hold the red flag unfurled after the course worker ignored
repeated attempts to get him to do so.

If we don't have a safe event--we don't run.....

Judy Becker
Autoxing in San Diego,CA  {:>}