Re: Towing with the Ford V10

To: "Bob Mosso" <mosso@pcmagic.net>, "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Towing with the Ford V10
From: "Bruce Wentzel" <greendot@excelonline.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 15:06:44 -0500
I used an F-350 Super Cab V-10 to tow an enclosed 25' trailer
from Detroit to Atlanta in November.  Unless we were on _totally_
flat ground the trans calibration was such that it wouldn't stay
in overdrive (with the cruise engaged).  Going down in Drive at
62 mph w/cruise we got 7+ mpg.  Returning home I ran without the
cruise and "played" the throttle to keep it from downshifting and
got 9 mpg and was running about 70 mph.
I don't know if the current tranny has a durability problem doing
this.

Bruce Wentzel     Green Dot Racing, Inc.     Road Race & Solo II
rentals
BSP 71 Corvette LS6 - the original Greendot;  RX-7's; 83 ITA, 84
ITS, 86 ITS
One person brake bleeding with Speed Bleeders, racer discount 20%
Ask me about 24 hr / 7 day $.07/minute long distance service