Re: neon flipable

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: neon flipable
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 00:17:00 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Brian Priebe wrote:
> I was pretty high on two wheels in my neon at a local event in Chicago,
> as Kay Bailey can attest.  It was my fault and mistake that caused it,
> but if I would have tried to stay on course I am not sure the shiny side
> would have stayed so shiny.

Ok, I've seen enough mention of this and practicing has the potential to
be pretty expensive so...

How much time do you have to react between when you know there's a problem
and you're on your head?

How do you know there's a problem?  Particularly in a car with lots 'o
body roll like a neon?  Is it obvious?

The reason I ask is that I was told by some folks that I got my neon up on
two wheels at an Akron event.  It was a fast downhill righthander (strange
to say that about an autocross corner... :-).  The car felt like it was
bouncing on the left suspension about evenly between the two wheels and
like the tires might be sliding a bit when the suspension released, but
not much.  Felt like a bunch of G's when the suspension would compress.

Later on my girlfriend told me that the front wheel was in the air.  She
didn't notice by how much, so I suspect it was only like 6" or less or
whatever, but I've kinda wondered how close to the line I was.

Anyone got any experience with this sorta thing?

Mark