Pick-Ups in HS

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pick-Ups in HS
From: Rob Foley <103535.536@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 21:02:59 -0500
A sport suspended pick-up would be fun in HS, but not a class leader.  If
this was the late 80's, yes, but not now.  I ran in the class durng that
time and DID get beat by one at a ProSolo, but not SoloII.  This was a Jeep
Comanchee with a 177hp six, 15x7 wheels, 225/50-15's, limited slip, and
what I'm sure was a "hydraulically" weighted spare ;-P.  Me was in a
Plymouth Horizon; 96hp 2.2, 13x5 wheels, 185/60's.  Just sneaked past him
at Salina that year.  Of course we both got dusted by Steve Brolliar.

I also just sold a sport truck of my own that I used for a tow
vehicle/daily driver.  Ford Ranger with the Splash suspension.  4.0 liter,
5 speed, 3.55 limited slip.  Great for blasting arounf off ramps and back
roads, but not nimble enough for auto-x's, which require quick transitions.
 Not much different in function and execution to that now 10 year old Jeep
that I beat with a 1985 Horizon.  Think what the difference would be with a
late model Celica?

Rob Foley