Re: The Scarlet Roundel (was RE: GS BMW - NOT! )

To: Smokerbros@aol.com, sjohnson@kcnet.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Scarlet Roundel (was RE: GS BMW - NOT! )
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 18:48:48 -0800 (PST)
---Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 99-01-12 13:13:32 EST, cblome@yahoo.com writes:
>
> <<
>  3-series sixes are in BS based on their performance in GS ELEVEN
YEARS
>  AGO?!?!?  Good grief.  GS has changed a little since then, dontcha
>  think?  Maybe it is time for SCAC to reconsider things.  :-\
>   >>

> That is purely speculation.  The SCAC carefully deliberates based on
current
> data, current results (if in existence), etc.

Indeed it is.  Perhaps I was overly theatric, but the suggestion that
the 3's classing was based solely on Mr. Wiles seemed so fantastic,
yet authoritatively spoken, that it demanded a followup.  In the
absence of recent info on SCAC's meetings, you must concede the idea
of benign neglect of a car's classing at least sounds plausible.

One could argue that the apparent close-hold nature of the SCAC
proceedings invites precisely this kind of speculation.  It's human
nature for society to assume the worst about goings-on that it is not
privy to.  Look at some of the things said about Kenneth Starr for
another example, whatever you think of him.

Are SCAC records closed to the general membership?  If so, is this the
right policy in the face of the rumors, hearsay, and outright
accusations of favoritism (e.g. Chrysler) we see on this list almost
constantly?

Craig Blome