Re: New Thread!

To: Bret Dodson <bret@serv.net>
Subject: Re: New Thread!
From: Dale Botkin <dale@botkin.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 12:42:25 -0600 (EST)
On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Bret Dodson wrote:

> > There's no way I'll let somebody wear my helmet or put my head in someone
> > else's
>
> Ewww.... I had to use a loaner helmet once that was dripping with hair
> grease and sweat.  I thought I was going to throw up.  What's more, this
> thing was so small that it literally wrung itself out on my head.  After
> that run, I was reduced to a trembling, jaundiced mass.  Just thinking
> about that event makes me want to take a long shower (shiver).

Well, on the loaner helmet issue it's not just leavin's from the previous
wearers.  Last one I had to use - there were only a couple of XL buckets
available - had most of the lining shredded, leaving foam all over the
place.  Tough to concentrate on your driving when you've got to go chase
down a helmet at the last second and then worry about whether it will drop
sump'n in your eyes in the middle of the run.  Yecch.

> > > On another subject, M. Sipe mentions people looking like their
> cars.
>
> I drive a Miata.  I'm sort of cute and small.  And my car gets a goatee
> after long road trips.  Now do I have to get stripes tatooed on my body?

This falls apart in a hurry - I drive a Mustang.  It's WAY prettier than
me.  It does have a bra that could pass for a goatee like mine, though...
no gray though.

Dale