Re: now behind closed doors (LONG)

To: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: now behind closed doors (LONG)
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 17:33:37 EST
In a message dated 1/14/99 9:41:57 AM Central Standard Time,
Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com writes:

> Dear Mr. Mark Sipe,
>
>  I feel I know you better than most on Team.Net having actually conversed
>  with you without your keyboard. I thank you for the first sentence of your
>  Post, almost a disclaimer to the second half.  I will volunteer my opinion
>  to anyone who wants to know about any decision *I* made regarding a vote.
>  It is not my place to volunteer anyone else's position on any issue.

Please don't read too far into my original post.  I certainly didn't mean to
imply that anyone now serving on any Board is pursuing a personal agenda over
the interests of our club.  As Charlie pointed out, you hear rumors and always
will, and it's far from National's realm to pursue he-said/she-said story
chasing.  My only real point, and maybe I should have just been succinct, was
to pose if there is any real reason not to establish a public record on how
the vote went.  As Andy pointed out, all you ever really have to do is ask the
decision makers and they will generally give you a straight answer, but I
really don't see that as an answer as to why we should or shouldn't make the
vote public.

If anyone believes that the conspiracy talk that goes around is 100% BS, it's
me.

M Sipe