Re: Pro & National Tour Locations

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pro & National Tour Locations
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 23:28:48 -0600
rjohnson@friendlynet.com wrote:

>   By my reckoning, and with the help of Rand/McNally, I show that 8 of
> the 16 listed Pro/Tour events are within 1200 miles:

You must have snow too.  Cabin fever usually doesn't set in until mid
February or so 'round these parts.

(Correct milage listing deleted)

Even though I have similar easily accessable information within my
reach, my estimates are based on the proven "thumb on the map" method.
My thumb is a bit smaller than the map makers.  Thanks for the correct
numbers, although the thought of motoring 900 miles 5 or 6 times in the
Cow just doesn't sound much better.  BTW, the Peru Pro doesn't appear on
the schedule.  Hope there is one this year.

> >Milwaukee - what more do you need (brats/beer)
>
>   1.)  Interested host organization
How about Milwaukee Region SCCA?
>   2.)  Worthy site
MGA Research Facility, near Milwaukee.  Cashmo; good Pro site, right?
>   3.)  Bid
?? Didn't know there was a transaction involved. Jeff, how much you got
on ya?

>   Of course, I'd love a trip to Wausau.  Next year, perhaps?

You are welcome in Wausau anytime, just don't expect to see an autocross
site.  If there was one here, I would have bought some cones and long
ago formed the weekly Wausau Academy for Autocross Research, and
Performance Education for Drivers   (WAARPED) :)  SCCA and MAC will just
have to do.

>   .   .   .   . and thanks again for the fine performance at the Topeka
> Talent Show.  You certainly don't choose easy competition anywhere!

Thanks, but I'm gonna have to come up with something better for next
year.  I don't know what's scarier: the gent singing the Tony Bennet
song, or Daddio and Associates.  Now if I could just get Daddio to sing,
and that other guy strapped into Daddios car... hmmmmm.

Oh, and that reminds me, hey Dave Fauth: I'm not bitter.
--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>

(With apologies to the Tony Bennet guy...you were great, but I regret
forgetting your name, sorry.)