Re: Accusump experience anyone?...

To: JasonK@neversoft.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Accusump experience anyone?...
From: SlyFoxRc@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 10:46:47 EST
In a message dated 99-01-15 04:51:06 EST, JasonK@neversoft.com writes:

<< Anyone have any good/bad experiences?  Is this the right solution for my
 problem?  And what kind of capacity should I be looking for?  They seem to
 come in 1,2, and 3qt sizes.  My motor (2.3L ford) takes 5qts as is.  Do
 these things add extra capacity to ones oil system, or do they simply just
 "hold on" to whats already there? >>
Many years of good experience with Accusump.  When rebuilding after
two seasons the bearings look new and the crank has never been
damaged.  This has been in a high horsepower LT-1 Chevy smallblock
ESP car.
Advantages are many but one is that you open the valve prior to startup
and the engine is pressurized with oil so that you never have a dry start
situation.  The reserve tank holds an additional 3 Quarts of oil and feeds it
into the engine only when the pressure drops below the stored pressure in
the tank (normal engine pressure).  This allows the oil pressure to be
maintained in high G cornering etc. when the oil in the pan can move away
from the pickup.  Accusumps have rightly been referred to as a inexpensive
dry sump.
They do a great job of protecting the engine.
Tracy Sandberg
Sly Fox Racing
P.S. I would bet the 3 Quart version with either the electric solenoid
valve or the manual valve, not the smaller version.