RE: Novice needs help interpreting Solo I stock rules re: exhaust modifi

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Novice needs help interpreting Solo I stock rules re: exhaust modifications
From: "Dale Botkin" <dale@botkin.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 13:35:09 -0600
> Rule 13.10 says I may substitute any part of the exhaust beyond the cat
> converter, but later mentions that the rule does not allow for a high
> performance unit. Is that restriction related to the discussion of
> replacing the cat converter which immediately proceeds that statement or
> does it apply to any replacement of the exhaust system from the cat back?

"Converters must be of the same type and size and used in the same location
as the original equipment converter(s). This does not allow for a high
performance unit."

It's talking about high performance catalytic converters.  The exhaust
system downstream from the catalytics is free, as long as you meet the noise
restrictions.  You can't do anything to the cats except replace them with
exact replacements if they're worn out; for example, no aftermarket
high-flow cats are allowed.

Dale
Dale Botkin, MCP
n0xas/qrp