Re: Novice needs help interpreting Solo I stock rules re: exhaust modifi

To: "Craig M. Daugherty" <cmdaugherty@tyler.net>
Subject: Re: Novice needs help interpreting Solo I stock rules re: exhaust modifications
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 17:07:20 -0600
Craig M. Daugherty wrote:
> My stock mufflers on my '90 Nissan 300ZX are rusting and need replacement.
> May I replace them with "free flow" performance oriented muffler systems?
> Rule 13.10 says I may substitute any part of the exhaust beyond the cat
> converter, but later mentions that the rule does not allow for a high
> performance unit. Is that restriction related to the discussion of
> replacing the cat converter which immediately proceeds that statement or
> does it apply to any replacement of the exhaust system from the cat back?

Hi Craig,

The restriction on high perormance units refers to the cat itself.
Basically, you are allowed to replace the cat, but it needs to be the
same design as OEM so you don't gain any performance here.  After the
cat, it's all free and you can do what you want to the downstream parts.

--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese