Re: FM Parity

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: FM Parity
From: "Racer---X" <Racer---X@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 11:44:09 -0500
I personally do not see why going to the narrower wheels is such a big deal
to the F500 guys. Everyone agrees that something needs to be done, yet the
F500 drivers REFUSE to do ONE SINGLE THING to their cars. Reducing
wheel/tire size is the most cost-effective of anything that can be done to
bring partiy, since tire costs are disposable anyway. All it would mean is
retuning the suspension and the driver.  IMO, raise
the weight slightly of the F500, give them the smaller tires, and let's
race! Why is this such a problem? As far as current modifications go, the
differences between the F5's in solo and road race trim are already
significant. Different suspensions altogether , totally different setups,
wheels and tires, weight distribution ( I think). and more. Why would going
to smaller tires be that much different? How about just a harder compound
tire? Would that meet with approval?

        Michael Karp