Re: Fw: 18" rubber? Talk amongst yerselves ;-)

To: <TeamZ3@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: 18" rubber? Talk amongst yerselves ;-)
From: "Scotty *BOB* White" <we2fat4asp@seanet.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 20:33:41 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: TeamZ3@aol.com <TeamZ3@aol.com>
To: we2fat4asp@seanet.com <we2fat4asp@seanet.com>; autox@autox.team.net
<autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Monday, January 25, 1999 7:50 PM

>> For your amusement, a copy of letter sent to SEB
>
>Gee, and I thought I was the only glutton for punishment on Team.net.
That's
>Ok, I needed a break  :-)

   Glad I could help, besides I was a little bored ;-)

>However, if the SEB won't even allow you cut a small hole in a piece of
>carpet/trim to have shock adjustment access, how could you possibly expect
>them to allow a tire diameter change in Stock?

   Except that the precident was already set with the 12"/13" rule, same,
same in my book ;-)

  Even if you kept tire OD the
>same, there's always the argument that the taller sidewall would allow
better
>tire bite.

   Tire OD doesn't matter cuz there are already sizes available that give
gearing advantage. As for sidewall bite it is not needed with the cars that
have these 18" rubber stock, that's something for live axle guys to worry
about.

 Just comments, not saying for or against.

>BTW, that *Road Race* compound you mention is actually the preferred
asphalt
>compound.  That's no consolation for Nat's though, you'll need the AX
compound
>for concrete.

;-)

sbw