Re: neon offset and AR24, was: 18" rubber?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: neon offset and AR24, was: 18" rubber?
From: PaxsACR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 19:00:54 EST
In a message dated 1/27/99 4:37:56 PM Central Standard Time, jblanken@itds.com
writes:

<< I'm not happy that AR made the change.  Now, if I buy new ones, I'd be
 exposed to risks I didn't have before. >>

I think American Racing saw how many of us Neon drivers were buying their
wheels and decided to force us to use the AR-25 which has a 35mm offset but is
$20 more per wheel :) unfortunately they are also .75 lbs heavier per wheel,
guess you get what you pay for. Luckily I have a new friend that is an
American Racing distributor, he is holding back all the cosmetically damaged
AR-24 & AR-25 wheels he gets, and I pay $20 per wheel for them, such a deal :)
Oh, did I mention my new tire distributor friend that supplies all the area
tire shops with Hoosiers and BFG's. AutoXing just got a bunch cheaper, guess
it pays to hang out in bars after all.

Pax
98 ACR 41-DS