Re: 328 vs. A4

To: Brian M Kennedy <kennedy@i2.com>, auto-x <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 328 vs. A4
From: Rex Weatherford <rweatherford@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 18:39:56 -0500

Brian M Kennedy wrote:

> Well, luckily our classes aren't determined by magazine slalom times.
> In addition to setup issues mentioned by others, there's also the fact
> that slalom is not particularly representative of autocross.
>
> But, if you look at the Road & Track slalom numbers for BS and GS,
> I think you'll see the 328 fits much better in GS....
>
> BS:  BMW Z3 4cyl       62.2
>      Mazda Miata       61.2
>      BMW 328i          60.3
> GS:  Mercury Eclipse   63.6
>      Subaru Impreza    62.6
>      Acura Integra GSR 62.3
>      VW GTI VR6        61.6
>      Ford Taurus SHO   61.0
>      Saab 900 Turbo    61.0
>      Honda Prelude     60.6
>      Lexus ES300       60.5
>
> Or, I guess you could argue the Mercury Eclipse and the Subaru Impreza should
>be
> taking on the Miata in BS.  (LOL)
>
> So, I wouldn't kiss the 328 in GS goodbye just yet,  ;^)
>
> Brian

No KIDDING!  By slalom #'s the Beretta GTZ should be in SS.

December 1991 Motor Trend had the Beretta GTZ at 68.4 MPH if my fellow Beretta
owners served me correctly.  ;^)

Sorry had to brag.  Too bad it doesn't seem to add up like it does on paper when
I'm driving one.  Maybe a national driver could campaign one?  ;^)

Does anyone have the #'s from Road & Track for the Beretta GTZ?

--
Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ 2.3 89,000 miles
#22 GS Atlanta Region SCCA Solo II G-Stock
95 Grand Am GT 3100 V-6 (can't get my wife to let me race it)
http://www.mindspring.com/~rweatherford/rexw/rexhome.html