Re: Effects of Current Rules - an Observation

To: Jay Mitchell <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Effects of Current Rules - an Observation
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 13:01:17 -0500
I was afraid this would happen, but took the chance that it wouldn't in order to
create a little thoughtful discussion.

Jay, the initial post most emphatically was not directed at you personally -
that's why I left your name out. If I thought that your actions, that day, were
somehow at fault, I would not have hestitated to call you out by name.

Instead, I used what information you had provided as a "case study" to
illustrate a point. The scenario that I was discussing and what actually
happened were not and were not intended to be taken as the same thing.

As it happens, given the additional information you have provided about the
actual circumstances, I'd say that you did the entirely correct and Right thing,
and that the offender got what he deserved. No argument there whatsoever.

I apologize if you felt that you were being attacked. You were not.

DG