Re: Effects of Current Rules - an Observation

To: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: Re: Effects of Current Rules - an Observation
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 17:28:19 -0500
dg50@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:
> Wouldn't it be nice to never have to talk about Neon motor mounts et.
> al. ever again?

It sure would!  Unfortunately, I think we're asking to be talking about
these things even more, not less.

"Why are Neons allowed motor mounts and Rabbits aren't?"
"I think Hondas should be allowed to run any wheel sold by the dealer!"
"Brakes from the Audi A8 bolt right onto the Audi A4!  I want 'em!"

It'll be never-ending.

By the way, as part of your proposal, I'm assuming you mean to
consolidate the Stock and Street Prepared categories, as well as Street
Touring, right?  I mean, wouldn't categories be superfluous if some of
those allowances are allowed by some cars in some classes?  That seems
to be the logical endpoint to it...

Now, that's not all bad.  We have some rules-based classes for street
cars, plus a bunch of classes based on road racing rules (from Prepared
and Modified), plus some anything-goes class or classes (AM, DM, EM).
I like the endpoint.  I just don't like all that's required to get there
(and maybe that's the fundamental point of disagreement we have).

Mark