RE: Dennis's hairbrained ideas

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Dennis's hairbrained ideas
From: Paul Hagger <paulhag@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 15:37:13 -0800
> The main point in stock class is not who can build the most competitive
>car.  The whole idea behind stock class is cost.  When you start allowing
>modifications, that increases the expense.  Say, 2 200SX's are in the same
>region.  Now, if SCCA decides that they are allowed 1" wider wheels to make
>them more competitive against the Neon ACR's, and one guy goes out and gets
>wider wheels, then the other guy is going to feel like he needs to buy
>them, too.
>
>Mac Crossett

This reminds me...  has anyone considered running a Mazda Protege
equipped with one of those SSC-allowance packages.  Would it be classed
in Stock?

In case I am not making myself clear: to level the playing field and allow
more cars to play in Street Stock Road Racing the SCCA has allowed each
manufacturer to specify a package of options, approved by the SCCA, to
improve the performance of the car.  I think the Protege gets to run
Eibach springs, for example.

As these cars are eligible for Street Stock Road Racing, is it true that
they are also eligible for Solo II Stock Class competition?

-paul
DS '95 ACR Neon sedan