Civic Si and Del Sol

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Civic Si and Del Sol
From: Brian Priebe <priebe.4@osu.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 19:57:17 -0500
I would not recommend a del sol vtec for most courses.  It is a little
tank.  When comparing a 92 civic si (125 hp) vs a del sol (160). The
civic was the way to go.  In a drag race the civic was ahead until well
into third gear, weight is my reasoning. The del sol could not go from a
stand still.   The del sol I believe ways about the same as an integra
and civic coupe which is around 2600 lbs.

I do not think the 99 Civic Si would be the car for E stock if it were
classed there.  It would be a shame for it to go to G stock.  The car
still has no torque and is heavy for E stock.

When I drove the 94 integra it was a better car than my 92 civic just
because it had torque.  It was about 200 lbs heavier, but it would pull
out of turns.  Something the del sol will not do or the Civic si.

--Brian Priebe