Toe settings

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Toe settings
From: richj50@bit-net.com
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 16:47:04 -0500 (EST)
What are everyone's thoughts about toe settings?  I understand why toe-out
can improve turn-in response, but are there draw-backs to toe-out?  I
used to have my car toed out about 1/8 total and the turn-in was
noticeably sharper than it is now with zero toe, but I'm not sure which
set-up worked best for quicker times, or whether there really was a
difference in autox times.  I'm going to be realigning my car soon and I'm
interested in any advice.

The car feels better with a little toe-out, but is that just an illusion
or is the car really better (or as good) as a car with zero toe?

Thanks,

Rich Johnston
95 Z28 ESP
NER