Re: Cheapest "r" tire

To: Marc <indyspat@flash.net>, "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cheapest "r" tire
From: Eric Moon <moon-7@blazenet.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 07:06:53 -0400
At 10:40 PM 6/1/99 -0500, Marc wrote:
>Hey, I looking into getting some "r" tires.  I was looking for tires
>with the following qualities.  1)price 2)life expectancy 3)grip 4)side
>wall stiffness.  I am tired of tearing up my nittos they look like trash
>and are too expensive to eat half of their  life away at each event.
>Thanks.
>
>--
>Thank You
>Marc Johnson
>indyspat@flash.net
>“Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend.  Inside of a dog, it
>is too dark to read” -Groucho Marx
>http://www.goecities.com/motorcity/lane/4648/marchome.html

Marc,

Expect to pay about the same $$ per tire as you do for most street tires.

Depending on what size you go with, all of the Autocross Radials meet your
criteria just about equally.  The major differences between BFG's, Kumho
and Hoosier are noticed esoterically and can be influenced by car
type/setup and driving style.
Some people love the Hoosier AS03, I preferred the old R1.  Strictly
personal preference.

Any "R" tire will be an improvement over your Nittos!!!  ;-)

Eric Moon
'92 Miata SOLO II  CSP
e-mail:        info@scca-susq.com
home:        (717) 221-8828