Re: Cheapest "r" tire

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cheapest "r" tire
From: Carl Couric <carlc@iname.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 18:28:56 -0400
At 06:10 PM 6/2/99 -0400, Joehgn@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 6/2/99 6:15:08 AM EST, moon-7@blazenet.net writes:
>
><<  The major differences between BFG's, Kumho
>  and Hoosier are noticed esoterically and can be influenced by car
>  type/setup and driving style. >>
>

>  Kumho have been noted as the best value when wear is an over-riding
>consideration.

Hummm... I vote for Toyos. They grip really well. I ran over 10 autocrosses,
2 hotlapping events (over 5 hours on them total), ran 8 Speed Trials (just
like SOLO I), AND a McKammey autocross school. Total racing hours would
have to be around 8 hours. BFGs last me 1/4 of that (minus the McKammey
"lets really kill the tires" school).

I THEN moved them to my Corvette and drove to an event on them, ran the
autocross and drove home.

I think I MIGHT finally throw them out... Or give them to a ITGT friend.

If you think I am gentle on them and don't push them, ask anyone else I
raced against <grin>.
Carl