RE: newbie questions

To: "Soma" <cliff@bonesaw.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: newbie questions
From: "Bill Fuhrmann" <bfuhrman@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 12:56:12 -0500
>       I am looking to give autocross/Solo II a try. I've done a bit of
> research on the web, but one I have only found the championship schedules.

Check http://www.autocross.com .  It has a lot of novice information along
with lists of clubs around the country.

According to it, there is a schedule of events in the DC area at
http://members.aol.com/mwcscc/mw-ax.htm .  There may be other groups in a
reasonable distance to you that are also listed there.

>       Will I need to be an SCCA member to really begin participating?
No.  Most clubs allow anyone to run regardless of their club membership.
Most of them also give you a discount if you are a member of the club.

> What else should I do before I begin going to events?

Reading the novice handbook
(http://www.tirerack.com/features/solo2/handbook.htm) will help.