Exhaust system?

To: auto-x <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Exhaust system?
From: Rex Weatherford <rweatherford@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 08:59:42 -0400
I will likely be installing a completly new exhaust system on my GTZ
sometime before January.  I have been looking at mufflers and have a few
favorites but would like to hear other's experiences.

I like the sound of a borla XR-1 on a GTZ and a Supertrapp (with
fiberglass insert) on a BMW Z3 and Probe GT.

Do you think that the Supertrapp will sound the same on a quad?

The Dynomax Ultraflows are a consideration, and I am looking for more
info on the IMCO mufflers that the j-body guys are always talking about.

What other straight through designs are out there that are stainless
steel?

The thing I like best about the supertrapp (besides the sound) is the
fact that I can disk the sound down for street driving and then open it
up completly for racing.  Any other good or adjustable mufflers out
there?  I do not want a baffled design like a flowmaster.

One more thing!  Should I go with 2.25 or 2.5 inches?  I'm leaning
towards 2.5.

Thanks!

--
Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ 2.3 89,000 miles
#22 GS Atlanta Region SCCA Solo II G-Stock
95 Grand Am GT 3100 V-6 (can't get my wife to let me race it)
http://www.mindspring.com/~rweatherford/rexw/rexhome.html