Re: New subject! Toyo Race tires

To: "Randy Chase" <randyc2@home.com>
Subject: Re: New subject! Toyo Race tires
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 08:27:50 -0500
>Last order I placed on a Monday afternoon, shaved, and then normal UPS.
>I had them within 2 days.
=========================
That's WAY better service than I got from the last guy that I ordered my
Toyos through.  I finally got them about 5 weeks after I ordered them.
Various excuses like; (after 1.5 weeks) "Oh, they're sitting in my
shippers stores and he's on vacation", (after 2 weeks) "What, UPS hasn't
delivered them yet?", (after 3 weeks) "They should have been there by
now", (after 4 weeks) "They got sent to the wrong address".

When I finaly got the tires they had been drop shipped from Vilven (CUT)
tire.  Next time I'll just eliminate the middle man and get them
straight from the source.  Cheaper too.

>And yes, in my experience, they only get faster as they get older. My
>best times were on 3 year old near cord tires.
>
>Randy Chase
>'91 MR2 CS
=======================
You're kidding, right?  My brand new full tread (well, not quite
anymore) Toyos stick tons better than the older (3 years old) "shaved"
tires after I finally figured out how NOT to overdrive them all the
time.

On a side note, I definitely need new street rubber.  With my alignment
settings (lotsa negative camber and lotsa toe-out) and driving them in
about 6-8 events last year they're quite devoid of tread in only 17,000
miles.  Driving to work this morning on wet streets with my
worn-down-into-the-treadwear-indicator-bars street tires was like
driving on snow.  Every time I fed in a little more gas the tires would
break loose up to and including in 3rd gear at city speeds.  And a Neon
isn't exactly what I'd call overly endowed with horsepower.

Kinda fun though to spin the tires whenever I felt the desire.  Gee I
wish I had more horsepower.  ;^)

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Mustang Sally,
guess you better slow your Mustang down.
"Mustang Sally" by Wilson Pickett