Re: New subject! Toyo Race tires

To: Eric Linnhoff <eric10mm@qni.com>
Subject: Re: New subject! Toyo Race tires
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 07:58:33 -0700

Eric Linnhoff wrote:

> That's WAY better service than I got from the last guy that I ordered my
> Toyos through.

Right, you want those tires quickly so you can not trophy right away. 8)

> >And yes, in my experience, they only get faster as they get older. My
> >best times were on 3 year old near cord tires.

> You're kidding, right?  My brand new full tread (well, not quite
> anymore) Toyos stick tons better than the older (3 years old) "shaved"
> tires after I finally figured out how NOT to overdrive them all the
> time.

Well, I might not know yet how to NOT overdrive them. Yes, seriously, I
found myself keeping up with the fastest drivers on my old Toyos. I have
been through maybe 5-6 sets of Toyos over the last 6-7 years and I
always did worse when they were knew. My only ever "Fast Time of Day"
trophy was on 3 year old Toyos I pulled out of my shed as a desperate
move as my R1s were gone (yes, the rain in the second half of the day
kept the mod cars from beating me, but the 130hp MR2 still beat most of
the stock classes).

They are like the old R1s where a little bit of cord only means that I
have to order some new tires soon. 8)

Randy Chase
'91 MR2 CS (maybe time to pull the old R1s out of the shed)