Turbo Restrictions in SP

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Turbo Restrictions in SP
From: cjkennedy@dstsystems.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:08:48 -0500
Hi -

The latest FastTrack contains changes to the SP rules regarding turbo- and
super-chargers.  As I remember them ( since I don't have my SportsCar in front
of me ), the first one ( I guess what was decided ) said that the turbo system
cannot be updated or backdated unless the entire engine is updated or backdated.
The second one ( the change to the rule book itself? ) said the turbo system
cannot be added, changed or removed.  Does this also mean no changes to the
intercooler, blow-off valves, intercooler pipes, etc?

Anyone have thoughts on this, why it was done or what problem(s) it's trying to
address?

Thanks,
Chris
(yep, I drive a turbo)