Neon Time Line and Mercedes Explanation

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Neon Time Line and Mercedes Explanation
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:47:10 -0400
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 00:01:07 -0700
From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Subject: RE: Neon impaired...

At 08:37 AM 6/14/99 -0400, you wrote:
>The R/T and the ACR share the same gearing.
>ACR/RT have a 3.94 final drive and .81 fifth gear,
>SOHC (except ACR's) have a 3.55 final drive and a .72 5th gear.
>And to confuse things a little more there is an additional "performance"
>trans that is on all DOHC cars except ACR/RT's with a 3.94 final drive and a
>.72 5th gear.
>All other gears are the same.

Alan Dahl responded:

<<Actually to confuse things a little more on top of that the first 200
1995 SOHC ACR sedans like mine had hand-built transmissions with
slightly different ratios than later production ACR sedans and the DOHC
Sport.>>

When was the R/T intruduced? I thought originally there were only 2 Neon
models - the standard one and the ACR. True? If so this gearing business
appears to be a case of revisionist history...

And (for CHD) apparently, the Mercedes video was encoded with a
proprietary Codec that only comes with ATI graphics cars....

Paul Foster