Turbo cars

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Turbo cars
From: "Darren P. Madams" <darren@madams.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 01:49:22 -0700
I wouldn't say the DSM cars were the specific target of the new turbo rules, the
update/backdate maybe, but I think that was just on the list of things that
needed to be kept in check.  In fact, I would say the Supra and RX-7 are the
main targets... specifically, Jamie Aebersold's (sp?) and the Marinus' cars.

In Jamie's case for sure, there was an honest question about just how much boost
he was getting and how he was making it.  Turns out the main issue was the FCD,
but since the SPAG was looking at turbo cars more closely anyway, they decided
to prohibit things that can (will) possibly lead to insane HP and torque
numbers.

Personally though, I would rather have seen the rules remain the same for both
cars and reclass around max potential (which nobody can deny has yet to be seen)
but I don't think what the SPAG did was a bad thing.

Just a note of clarification,

        --Darren

p.s. Don't bother replying, no turbo's on karts and I'm not likely to be buying
a turbo car or competing against one anytime soon