Nationals starts was (Re: Turbo guys get screwed again.

To: Tesec@compuserve.com
Subject: Nationals starts was (Re: Turbo guys get screwed again.
From: Rex Tener <rex@marimba.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 09:35:53 -0700
At 09:27 AM 6/16/99 -0400, Mike Piera wrote:
>I was measuring split times from the start to the 1st slalom on Sunday
>at the Devens National tour, trying to help Mike Solomon get the most out
>of his 993's launches. Both days there were flat out drag racing starts,
>which IMHO are a poor idea for a "national tour" as they are never used
>at the nationals.

Oh, how quickly they forget...  :-)  1995 Solo II Nationals North course,
flat out from the start to the first salom cone.  In Biter, the ex-Raymond,
ex-Sirota Citation FF, I was flat out from the start and very near the top
of fourth before I had to touch the brakes.  My best nationals placing ever
(maybe I should take up drag racing).  Lots of protests that year, some
cars were arriving at that first cone a little bit faster than some people
thought they should.

Rex Tener
rex@marimba.com