Re: No dog? Then why are you crapping on the SEB's lawn?

To: jwalter@ptra.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No dog? Then why are you crapping on the SEB's lawn?
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 21:07:17 EDT
It was bound to happen.  Upon the *beloved request * of the Turbo DSM crowd,
mAs has returned:

You DSM guys are so self-absorbed with your own situation you refuse to see
the big picture.  OK, *maybe* a turbo update/backdate allowance is not
necessarily bad for the *DSM* ESP classification.  HOWEVER, did any of you
ever stop and think past your own self-interest that the SEB has a
responsibility to consider all possibilities for their decisions; past,
present, and *future*, as they apply to *all* competitors.  Even if there
isn't a turbo update or backdate among the current cars that would present a
potential upset to the SP classes, such a situation is a *future*
possibility.  The SEB would be irresponsible not to consider this possibility.

When certain DSM individuals openly *bragged* on Team.net about how they
found a potential performance loophole with a turbo update/backdate I
expressed concern that my personal interpretation of
turbo/supercharger-related SP rules made it clear in my mind that a turbo
update/backdate wasn't inline with the intentions of those rules.  This is
not the view of a anti-turbo competitor.  This is my view as a pro-turbo guy;
I originally started SCCA autoxing in a turbo vehicle and consider myself to
grasp the associated rules very well.  Based on my experience with
artificially-aspirated vehicles I both understand and support the need to
impose certain limitations on these vehicles.  Throughout racing history,
artificially-aspirated vehicles have *always* challengingly required
limitations to obtain parity with normally aspirated vehicles.

If, under these limitations, you as a group believe that your vehicles are
misclassed there is a procedure available to you to challenge and push for
reclassification.   However, to openly engage in vile, meritless slander, as
Mr Walter has, about individuals you have never spoken to, met, or know, does
nothing to establish credibility for consideration of any proposal you wish
to make.  While I don't always agree with the decisions of the SEB, I have
always found that when I engage in a detailed conversation with a member that
they have always made their decisions based on arguments that were as sound
and as reasonable as any counter-argument I could give.

(except for maybe the undetectable software issues in Stock  :-), Hi GH)

I would hope that the derogatory statements made about certain SEB members
came about out of ill-expressed anger (something I must shamefully admit to a
few times myself).  Otherwise, I would have to conclude that they are the
result of somebody who is either completely stupid or completely psychotic,
in either case your participation in this club is neither needed nor wanted.

mAs