RE: Official ruling from the SEB???

To: Rocky Entriken <RENTRIKEN/0003006623@MCIMAIL.COM>,
Subject: RE: Official ruling from the SEB???
From: Brian M Kennedy <kennedy@i2.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 23:59:59 -0500
At 07:47 PM 6/17/99 , Rocky Entriken wrote:
>Keep in mind that in providing a response, Howard is trying to be helpful
>and member-friendly. He can say "this is how I see it" very quickly, while
>the official response from any of SCCA's official boards is unfortunately
>but necessarily glacial.
>
>In cc'ing the SEB, he is in effect saying, "I told the member this, and am
>so notifying you that I have done so; let me know if I blew it."
>
>It is, as someone else said, a knowledgeable best opinion intended to help
>the member along as quickly as possible, but it should always be received in
>the knowledge that it is not necessarily the final word.
>
>IMHO, I like Howard's way better than officials who clam up because they are
>paranoid about maybe saying the wrong thing and thus are about as useful as
>air conditioning on a formula car.

I agree -- but I think Howard should note "This is my interpretation and
an official response from the SEB will follow later."

In my case, I sent the note in December and received Howard's response
in January.  Its now June.  At this point, I assume the SEB will not
be responding, so what should I do?  Per others recommendations, I should
be insisting upon an official response.  How long should I expect that
to take?  How should I proceed now that its 6 months later?

(Please don't take this as any sort of slam on the SEB -- I am simply
trying to figure out the proper procedure for getting a ruling before
I spend any more time and money making potentially illegal mods.)

Thanks,

Brian