Something GOOD for a change....

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Something GOOD for a change....
From: Volpp@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 09:51:39 EDT
I have been autocrossing for just 16 months.  And I wanted to get this note
out to all newcomers to the sport and Team.net.

Do not let some of the comments in this newsgroup sway your judgement of this
sport.  I have never done anything in my life where I receive so much help
and co-operation from the competitors.

Most of the "good" post are not to the list, but will occur directly to you
if you have a need or question.

I have only run 3 National Tours, and 1 Pro (thanks to a "competitor" in my
class loaning me his car so I could have an amazing time in Petersburg). I am
not the most experienced person you can talk to about the SCCA and it’s
administering policies of Solo.  But, it seems to me to be a very well run
organization with the best interests of the competitors involved.  Yes,
ProSolo needs some work, but the best thing we can do is to put down the
mouse and go out and run an event.

The growth of the sport will not come from a newsgroup, but from super people
within the SCCA who recruit slow guys like me off their couches and turn them
into slow guys who are now racing and having ten times more fun on the
weekends than ever before.  AND, you get to meet some of the best people you
will ever meet.

If you really want to watch this sport grow, it will not come from a Team.net
debate.  Take one of your co-workers to your next local event.  The look on
their face after they make the first run will be much more rewarding than
anything you will get in E-mail.

Thanks again to all who have helped me in the sport so far.  And remember,
while the SCCA is not perfect, until you are willing to organize and fund
your own sanctioning body, it is much better than the alternative.

Steven Volpp
#29 AS
Meridian Mississippi