RE: Harrisburg Pro Results--Part 2

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Harrisburg Pro Results--Part 2
From: "Carle, Lisa" <carlel@Fujirebiodiagnostics.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 11:08:38 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Sirota [mailto:msirota@isc.upenn.edu]
Sent: Monday, June 21, 1999 9:48 AM

"Eric W. Clements" wrote:
> ASP--Rex Carle

>>Rex was also the top qualifier for the NationalSeries challenge.  Made it
to the round of four, was leading Vince Gladfelder after one run, and broke
on the left side start line.  Heartbreaking.

Actually Rex was running Wade Scannell in the final four when the car broke.

>>That would be Wade Scannell, who also won the NationalSeries challenge for
the third time.

Wade is always tough at Harrisburg on Father's Day :-)!! Congrats!

>>And the most impressive performance of the weekend -- the weather! Instead
of the usual 100 degrees and 95% humidity, we got around 80 degrees and not
too humid.  Mostly sunny on Saturday, somewhat cloudy on Sunday, but overall
impressively pleasant for Harrisburg.  Kudos to the Harnishes for arranging
that. :-)

Definitely the most wonderful weekend of weather at a Harrisburg multi-day
event in my experience (10+ years). A fine event overall!
Many thanks to all who helped us jack and roll the car into the trailer. It
was the axle, and it embedded itself into the fiberglass when it broke on
the launch. ProSolo is tough on that little car. It was disappointing,
that's for sure. Our stroke of luck came a little later when the Zoner's
lost wheel bounced squarely off the rear tire of the motorhome rather than
whacking the fiberglass! We left very soon after that - didn't want to see
what was coming next!
Lisa