Toyota crash bolts

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Toyota crash bolts
From: "Mari L. Clements" <mlc4@psu.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 11:34:51 -0400
>> In the case of the Toyota crash bolts, these are a factory-approved
method
>> of crash repair and therefore legal according to the rulebook.
>
><shell="nomex">
>But what if the car has not been crashed and repaired?  I've been
>wondering about this.  If the manufacturer allows an alternate part *under
>certain circumstances*, and you don't meet those circumstances, you're
>non-stock, no?
></shell>

WOO HOO!  Gee, this is the first time I've ever been glad that the previous
owner of my Toyota got hit in the front end by a truck!!  Of course,
repairing that crash damage to 2 1/2 degrees negative camber might not have
been, strictly speaking, necessary, but it has been "crashed and repaired"
in the right place even!

And what years are crash bolts legal for?  And which ends?

mlc
'91 MR2
right car, right TSB, now if I could just be the right driver...