Biblical Proportions

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Biblical Proportions
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:02:00 -0400
<<<Somebody got protested for not having their spare tire/trunk mat in
place,
was a Neon I believe (I'll leave the name out of it).  Up until that
time
most people removed the trunk mat along with spare tire and tools, but
the
rulebook never stated that it was OK to do so.  A clarification was
issued
stating that it was OK to remove the trunk mat so long as it was loose;
i.e.
wasn't held in place by factory-supplied fasteners (some trunk mats are
held
in place by a fastening system, RX-7TT mat comes to mind).  Why should
some
vehicles get to remove an item, and others not?  The overall outlook
appears
to be that loose items are removable (floormats, owners manuals, trunk
mats)
while fixed or fastened items (brackets, trim, etc) are not.>>>

The Solo II rulebook appears to have become subject to the same analysis
scholars do with the Bible. Unfortunately, in our case the authors are
still alive... ;-)

Paul Foster