Re: P5 in Harrisburg (Hoosier tires on Miata)

To: TeamZ3@aol.com
Subject: Re: P5 in Harrisburg (Hoosier tires on Miata)
From: Brian Priebe <priebe.4@osu.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 16:31:34 -0400
> I'd like to add that Hoosier autocross experts are recommending the 205 over
> the 225 for stock Miata applications, but it's hard to convince some that
> bigger isn't necessarily better.
>
> M Sipe

You are correct on convincing people, bigger is not better theory.  Everyone got
use to oversizing to help make BFGs become more numb and easier to drive, which
made people go faster more consitently.  Just my theory, boy I can feel an
attack coming!!  A few people that I knew tested the 225 vs 205 set up on a neon
turned the same times on both, they just could be on the fast time about every
run on the 225s.  The Kumhos and Hoosiers are easier to drive on so you need to
be on the proper size.

--Brian